CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The History of the World

A question from my cousin-in-law prompts this explanation of my personal understanding of the world timeline.

In the pre-beginning, God created the planet and populated it in a phased approach with dinosaurs. They romped happily for a long time, eating each other, and making eggs. I do not believe they evolved in a speciation kind of way, but I'm sure environmental adaptation occurred.

Then the asteroid struck what would one day become the Yucatan. Dirt, ash, and stuff choked the atmosphere, killing off the remaining dinosaurs. Leaving the Earth void and without form.

Long time passes and the KT barrier is formed. The planet was dark and the atmosphere began to thin, and then there was LIGHT. This corresponded roughly with the Cambrian period where all existing body forms were created by the Lord.

He then set apart in this growing wilderness the Garden of Eden, and he created Adam as a special creation within the garden as well as people outside the garden. Eve was created as were more people outside the garden. How long both sets of people partied before Eve ate from the tree, I don't know, but when she did, the consciousness explosion took place and A, E, and other people outside became aware of right and wrong, attaining accountability in a stroke. Cities sprang up and A&E had C&A and many others once they were cast out of the garden. Their children became the elect. Things went on from there.

Biblically, "void" means something once was and now was not (dinos). From the pre-beginning, God's plan included a strife torn Middle East. Over what? Territory and OIL. Where do we get oil? Fossil remains of dinosaurs. They were part of His plan from the beginning.

Science points out the Cambrian explosion where suddenly all the body forms existed within ten thousand years (give or take). Evolution can not explain this, Creation can.

Science also speaks of a consciousness explosion where hominids became sentient, aware of themselves and of right and wrong. (Evolution doesn't explain this... sentience is actually a negative survival trait... The Fall does explain it).

Cain speaks of being afraid of the peoples of the other cities killing him not long after expulsion from the Garden. Cities (perhaps Clans) co-existed with the Garden of Eden.

I do not believe in speciation; evolution speaks of random mutations and since we don't see random mutations ever being positive (they are instead cancer), I believe God specifically created each animal. Are there changes within species? Yes. It is a turnkey system that does not require randomness. With the need for extended periods of time that evolution requires, I except the idea of an old Earth but not billions of years old. I have no problem with the Fall being 10,000 years ago, but I do believe the world pre-existed for thousands and maybe hundreds of thousands or more (it is unknowable) before the Garden.

I further believe that this does not contradict anything from the Bible. A right understanding of the Bible and a right understanding of Science will always coincide. I don't think we have a right understanding of either yet (closer with the Bible than Science), but that they can work together for discovery.

Believe it... or not....

8 comments:

Sunrise said...

Why Rob, you heathen, you! Don't you know Genesis is supposed to be read like a science textbook?!?

Isn't this roughly what is called the "gap theory"? I find many points plausible.

Hey, who was that one scientist whose link you posted a while back, who had all those theories about three great cataclysms and the speed of light slowing down, etc? I had his site saved and then lost all our bookmarks when we got the new computer.

How do you answer young earth creationists when they ask how God could have called a world "good" that included the pre-Adamic death of millions of creatures? I run into this a lot, with detractors citing 1st Corinthians 15:21 as evidence of it being non-scriptural. They aren't convinced of the spiritual vs. physical death I think this illustrates. Your thoughts?

Rob said...

Barry Setterfield http://www.setterfield.org/

I don't think death is bad if it holds purpose and leads the deader to... blanking on the term, means to cease to exist...

Animals do not go to Hell. I count on many going to Heaven, but never to Hell. Pre-Fall, pre-accountability, pre-knowing-right-from-wrong, I don't think people went to Hell either (presuming you accept that people existed outside the Garden). Perhaps within the pre-fallen Garden, animals lived in peace with one another, but not outside, I'd guess.

The Garden was a picture of the New Earth, except the people of the New Earth will be sinless and still aware of right and wrong (not like Adam and Eve before the Fall).

So in short, yeah, 1st Corinthians is speaking of the death that leads to Hell.

Rob said...

Oh, the Easter thing is off, by the way (meant to tell you that but didn't see you). Bummer, I know your stuff would be incredible.

Sunrise said...

Given you all might not even be here by Easter (though I am in great denial about this Montana thing), I sort of expected that. It's kind of a relief - I don't know how I would have managed to find the time.

Agreed on the death thing. Personally I think something as finely tuned as the biological lifestyle had to be built into the system at the beginning. I'm not averse to the idea that even had the fall not occurred, there might have been some kind of bodily removal of humans from Earth at an appointed time...not death per se, but merely moving on to an incorruptible state. Since otherwise, the scenario of everyone living forever and presumably multiplying the whole time would overpopulate the planet. We'll never know, but interesting to think about...

Sunrise said...

Um...I meant "life cycle" not "lifestyle". Heh.

Rob said...

Hmmm, interesting. I don't think the fall was optional. Had to happen. Adam and Eve created in such a way that it had to happen. No B plan, no flip side, just God's plan all the time. :)

Of course, that's not to say I don't believe in free will. Just because I'm 100% predestination, I believe people are carefully crafted to freely make the decisions they're supposed to make.

Anonymous said...

i like the planet of war template.

i like the far beyond my brain creation discussion.

if you do move, you better keep this going...

B.L.S. said...

Oh, he will...as for me i'll be doing double time, double time, ah, double time. well maybe anyway...