CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer

With the understanding that this is a low expectation movie... I liked it.

I don't think it's PG, and I won't let my kids see it because of suggestive comments, unnecessary scenes, and some inappropriate questions, but get past that and it's a fun movie.

You'll also have to get past Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman who is just painful to look at. Is there anything on her body that hasn't been surgically enhanced? It doesn't help that she's not a natural blond and doesn't have the coloring to be a blond - nor acting talent... but she's good when she disappears.

It was fun and several times they really looked like the Fantastic Four from the comics. The Thing is smaller, but they did a much better job with this version than the first version. He doesn't look like he's made of waffles this time.

The Torch was fun and the show stealer again.

Reed was played by an actor who either couldn't take it seriously or just has low talent (though he did okay in Amazing Grace).

Silver Surfer was great. Doom was Doom. Galactus was inspired, though nothing like the comics version (thank goodness... though there was a nod to the comics version in the shadow cast over Saturn).

The effects were much better. Story, better. Everything, better.

How that for a fairly positive review?

5 comments:

malissa said...

Rob,
You have WAY too much time on your hands. You have been to too many movies lately. Jessica Alba has not been surgically enhanced. And I have a Walther PPK! (No, really. But I have never shot it!)

Rob said...

You mean she looks like that NATURALLY? EWWWWwwwww!

overthinker said...

isnt' that just ducky.

sherlock said...

**COUGH COUGH** what is this blog rated again? But i aggree she does a TERRIBLE invisible woman. invisible woman is a motherly type with a bob cut in the comics.

anyhoo, mr. swanson you have to read this post i found (stole from my sister). There's a link on "My Life In C#" it's hillarious.

maybe you can do dinner or lunch with my family when your all alone (if you don't try to get me in trouble for disrespect ;p ) like lasagna? Lol

Glad that your back Mrs. Young, this blog has been lonly of late.

Rob Swanson said...

Heh, that was pretty good, Sherlock. I'll endeavor to drag those tactics into my own debating technique (oh wait, I have used those before...)

Sure, I'd love to do a family thing with y'all. Thanks for inviting me. :)