CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 11, 2009

Bullets and Genderism

Don't ask how this came up (bets on J. asking anyway?) but I was talking with someone about donating organs that would kill you for certain people. As in, if two of my kids needed a kidney to live, I'd give them mine even though I can't live without them. It devolved into who I would give a piece of my liver to if I was the only immediate donor...

...and then it got into the mad gunman brandishing a weapon. I would automatically step in front of any kid (even J.) and almost any woman to shield them from potential bullets. I wouldn't automatically shield a man, even a close friend.

Is that genderism? In our day of equality, should I give the wackjob a shot at the women so they can feel equal? Or should I step in front of the men, too?

1 comments:

Josiah said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwR6w2TgxY
(Alice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Za-V_lhwGg
(Expialidocious)

The "Bangarang" video from "Hook" is on my blog.

Dad said you wanted these links?

Can't wait to read this post and comment on it... but tomorrow is another day.