CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Wrap Your Mind Around Nothing

Consider this: Atoms are 99% space. There is the nucleus, and orbiting around that are the electrons. Nothing mingles into that orbit of electrons (at least not without a nasty explosion) and the orbit is relatively large, so the atom is almost entirely space.

You and I -- and every material thing -- are composed of atoms, Q.E.D. you and I are 99% space. You really are an airhead!

When Scripture talks of this being a world of shadow, it is quite literal as well as figurative.

Now for a logic breaking question: If you are only 1% here, where's the other 99% of you?

2 comments:

malissa said...

That explains it all! Now maybe Mike will understand. I must have more atoms than him - more atoms, more space :)

damaris said...

so where exactly did you get this scientific information from, anyway?

actually i think i learned that in school. but i thought i didn't need to remember it.

go figure.