CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 06, 2007

God Has A Sense of Irony

Erik was horrified that I wrote about "disliking my dog" on my blog (which I didn't, it's that I don't really like him all that much, which he says is the same thing, but I think there's a shade of distinction) so it's only fair I share this experience...

Working from home I tend to forget what day of the week it is. So I didn't realize it was Thursday night when I went to bed. This was a problem because I had a 6:30 meeting in which I was the main presenter on Friday morning (another shade of distinction; I remembered the meeting, I just didn't realize it was the night before the meeting). So, no alarm was set.

6:00 a.m. rolls around, I'm dead to the world, and this dog whom we have had for six months, a dog who makes very little sound to begin with, howls for the first time ever. It's really a rather cute, throaty howl, and it was sufficient to wake me up. And realize that is was Friday morning (because, as the title implies, God has a sense of irony). I showered and dressed in five minutes, and made it to the meeting just a few minutes late (and there were twice as many people there as I have ever seen before, with a few prospective clients). Saved by the dog I don't like.

Isn't it ironic?

(For the past few weeks I have been making a concerted effort to like this passive/aggressive dog... because that's the problem with him; he wants love, but doesn't really give any and it bothers me... which, from God's view, is also ironic...)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about my kids!