CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 08, 2007

That's It, I'm Now Officially OLD!

And that's seven days short of my 44th birthday.

I picked up a book at the library, T-Rex Canyon, that I recalled seeing before. In fact, I thought, as read the summary, I must have checked it out and returned it before reading it because the summary didn't ring any bells. So I check it out.

I have read it before. Holding it in my hands I clearly recall turning the pages in my office at SunTrust during lunch breaks. I just don't remember it. At. All.

Once I read it, I vaguely remember it but couldn't tell you what was going to happen if a gun was at my head (no need to test that, Joe).

No, this is not whining or grumbling, it's simple fact (okay, maybe a little whining). There was a time I could memorize a Shakespeare monologue in two readings, complete scripts in three or four readings. I've memorize 6 books of the Bible (James, Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians, and all three of John's letters (which count as one since they're all short)). I admit I couldn't recite them anymore, but the point is I once had a phenomenal memory.

Now Mike claims he told me they were going on a cruise but I had no idea where they were. Erik describes a conversation we'd had and I don't recall it. And now I'm forgetting story lines (which involves a T-Rex with feathers and I couldn't even remember that freakish detail).

Chances are I'll forget I wrote this...

3 comments:

sherlock said...

Don't worry, we will all stay by your side. Even when you start to call me Noah!

You shouldn't give me ideas... hmmm a gun to the head. . .

Sadly I have much FLVS to do, so I should go and search for info on the 1920's. Hey you remember back into your teen years (said 1920) right? Any info you can give me for a report? (joke)

Hey if all else fails I know a great memory rehab center in Cleremont.

Dinosaur with feathers?! I'll stick to frank perettis "Monster" and the looking glass wars. My dad is trying to get me to read Wayne Grudem's not-so-concise theology. And I will really, just when I have enough brain power for Algebra, English, Biology, Web Design(a fun course), Bass, Piano, History and Mr. Grudem.

Rob said...

Grudem! That's his name...

I was speaking to... someone from church... the Youngs maybe?... discussing his Business CD Series and couldn't remember his name. It wasn't the two other guys whose names start with S (one was dead for hundreds of years, and the other is a local guy with great stuff) but we lump those guys and Grudem in our heads as the heavy hitters of the Christian faith... we just can't always pull their names out of our head...

Okay, the '20's. There had been the flu epidemic just before, that killed millions more than the Great War, which had just ended. It was a bit of a hedonistic time as people celebrated simple survival. I remember it well. I'm pretty sure Malissa still has her Flapper dress...

Anonymous said...

Please don't imply that I am the same age as you! And my mom wouldn't let me wear the flapper dress, so I sold it on Ebay ;)
But I understand the not remembering part. It happens with movies for me. Mike tells me that we saw this movie and I can't remember anything about it. But it has been happeneing like that for me for many years now. When we first started going to Sleuths, I couldn't remember who did it even when we saw the same show several times!